domingo, 6 de febrero de 2011

London IX

Things can get better. If you do not believe it, read the following. It is the anti-Murphy law.
I moved yesterday. The vet phoned early to say that Patch (the cat) had eaten that morning in the animal's hospital, where he was. Like a person. The patient had a good night and he had eaten. It was something good, wasn't it?
The lunch was delayed, so I had to eat quickly, because the taxi was coming. When I left, my host family said good bye to me only with a handshake (british). But, before, Claire, the girl, hugged me very affectionate and emotional. My teacher said that we'll keep in touch, I'll phone her, etc., but, "If you want". She repeated that two or three times.
I arrived at Garzolini's home half an hour later.
First, a cup of tea, of course. My hosts (Anna Maria and Jeremy) talked with me for one hour or more. They spoke carefully and slowly and I could understand them. They asked me about my family, job and everything and she told me they were born in Cape Town (Ciudad del Cabo), South Africa and their fathers are Italians and their mothers are English. They have been living in London since seventeen years ago.
The other day I told you they have three children who are 9, 8 and 4 years old. The oldest children play violin and piano, respectively and the younger, Francesca, practices dancing. One of the boys sings in a chorus which plays in Brompton Oratory, an old catholic church which I remembered, because I liked very much and I took a photo to Carlos in its garden.
In the home, in the dinning room, there is a beautiful black piano and classic music sounded in the stereo while we talked.
After one hour or more I asked for my room, because I was impatient. My room is in the second floor and Jeremy had uploaded my heavy lugagge. She told me that if I did not mind taking off my shoes before climbing the stairs, because the carpet.
My room is very light and spacious. It has a big bed, two bedside table, an armchair, a chest of drawers, a table and a chair. My private bathroom is just next to the bedroom and it is spacious and has a windows overlooking the street. Everything looks amazing. It is like a small apartment only for me. I could say that I am going to stay in a four stars hotel (well, an Engish four stars hotel, I do not want to overstate). In fact, Anna Maria told me later that the Roger Federer's parents had stayed in my room during the Wimbledon championship. Like you hear it!
I am writing this having a coffee in a Cafe Nero, a place like Starbucks, where the coffee is as bad as everywhere. I asked for a cappuccino medium size and the waiter gave me a big cup of half liter of strange and creamy liquid. I had been walking for several hours in London with a frozen wind and, maybe, in that moment, I understood such a bad coffees are sold in Starbucks and similar bars. With that bad weather people wants to have a big glass or cup of anything, but very hot. I would prefer a cup of "caldito", but...what I am going to do...

-- Desde Mi iPhone





5 comentarios:

  1. I've been near to get me crazy with the "chest of drawers". Finally, I have had to check the dictionary. I imagine that you have also made the same because I don't think you refer to the "cómoda" at any time. Nevertheless it has been a good exerceise for me too. Thank you and we will be in touch "if you want"

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Chest of drawers is in my book "Build your vocabulary", lesson 17, Rooms of the house. Ja, ja! We will follow being in touch.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. [This blog it is really turning out a good retraining exercise for us -You know what? I think we will finally have to pay him for it...-.]
    Mr. Muriago, I'm glad about your "good vibrations" and sensations, and about the improvement of the feline patient.

    I have just a couple of doubts, from my rusty English, about your blog entry. Please take a look at them:
    * "Like a person." Are you sure?... What's happening? Wasn't it 'compulsory' to write each and every one of the elements of all the phrases (subject, verb, complaments)?
    * "a windowS"... I'm a Microsoft user too... ;-)
    -You don't have to answer to them now. 'Do it after the advertising'-.
    See you later...

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Correction about my former comment: "This blog IS REALLY"... (without 'it'). It was a mistake (which I have seen... how many others I haven't!). I'm sorry.

    ResponderEliminar