miércoles, 15 de junio de 2011

Cambridge I

I have moved to Cambridge on last Saturday. I cannot be luckiest. I am happy with my new family and home. They are extremely kind, have three children (Jack, 6, Ben, 5 and Catriona, nearly 2) and there are two cats in the house who slightly demand their place. The house and my room are really great. I have a large room in a garret, with ensuite. The house is 15 minutes away on foot to the school.

I am attending a special professional course, that is very intensive and demanding. We are only three people in my group. The other students are from Germany, one of them is 47, is sales manager of an important German industrial company and lived three years in the USA and the other one is in his thirties, and is engineer in a big farm. We have several teachers who lived abroad and speak other languages. The impression of the school and the classes in these first three days is also excellent, although I am under pressure to talk and listen all the day.

Cambridge is the most beautiful city that ever seen in Great Britain. I have only been walking around the city on the last Sunday for a while and you can believe me. I went to visit the King College's with my schoolmates yesterday, but all the colleges are closed to the visits because of the exams. There was a notice in the main entrance about a religious service, with chorus in the impressive chapel of the College, therefore, we decided to attend to the choral mass. I was sitted in one of the old seats of the chorus and followed the ceremony by one of the missals which there were there. I was reading the text of the mass and de salms which were sung by the chorus and I was very surprised, because the texts are very similar or equal than the catholic ceremonies. Then, I asked to my neighbour if the ceremony was really of the Church of England and other questions. My neighbour was very kind and he confirm that it was an anglican ceremony and he gave me other explanations. I had no idea about the slight differences between both religions, although  the things maybe,are more complicated than I think. I am sorry Fernando about my ignorance but after having attended to an Anglican mass I would say that the conversion from Anglicanism to Catholicism is like if you pass from one room to another one in your own house.

HDR tonemapped

Traducción. Cambridge I.

Me he mudado a Cambridge el pasado sábado. No puedo ser más afortunado. Estoy contento con mi nueva familia y mi nueva casa. Ellos son extremadamente amables, tienen tres hijos (Jack, 6, Ben, 5 y Catriona, cerca de 2) y hay dos gatos en la casa que demandan suavemente su lugar. La casa y mi habitación están muy bien. Tengo una gran habitación en una buhardilla, con baño privado. La casa está a 15 minutos a pie hasta la escuela.
Asisto a un curso especial de “Inglés Profesional”, que es muy intensivo y exigente. Estamos sólo tres personas en mi clase. El resto de los estudiantes provienen de Alemania, uno de ellos tiene 47, es gerente de ventas de una importante empresa industrial alemana y vivió tres años en los EE.UU. y el otro tiene unos treinta años y es ingeniero en una gran explotación agrícola. Tenemos varios profesores y todos han vivido en el extranjero y hablan otros idiomas. La impresión de la escuela y las clases en estos primeros tres días es también excelente, aunque estoy bajo presión para hablar y escuchar todo el día.
Cambridge es la ciudad más hermosa que he conocido en Gran Bretaña. Sólo he estado caminando por la ciudad en el último domingo por un tiempo y puedes creerme. Fui a visitar el King's College con mis compañeros ayer, pero todos los ‘colleges’ estaban cerrados a las visitas debido a los exámenes. Había un letrero en la entrada principal que anunciaba un servicio religioso, con coro en la impresionante capilla del King’s Colllege, así que decidimos asistir a la misa coral. Yo estuve sentado en uno de los viejos asientos del coro y seguí la ceremonia con uno de los misales que había allí. Estaba leyendo el texto de la misa y de los salmos que se cantaban en el coro y me sorprendió mucho comprobar que los textos eran muy similares o iguales a los de las ceremonias católicas. Entonces le pregunté a mi vecino de asiento que si la ceremonia era realmente de la Iglesia de Inglaterra y otras cuestiones. Mi vecino fue muy amable y me confirmó que se trataba de una ceremonia anglicana y me dio otras explicaciones. No tenía ni idea acerca de las ligeras diferencias que hay entre ambas religiones, aunque las cosas tal vez, son más complicadas de lo que pienso. Lo siento Fernando por mi ignorancia, pero después de haber asistido a una misa anglicana yo diría que la conversión del anglicanismo al catolicismo es como si pasas de una habitación a otra en tu propia casa.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario