miércoles, 2 de febrero de 2011

London VI

Today I decided to have a look to my new house, where I will move on Saturday and my new school, where I will start my next learning English stage on Monday.
I was worried about my new host family and the new school, but I am now happy.
I found soon the house, rang the bell, wait one minute and Anna-Maria opened the door. She is called Anna-Maria Garzolini and her children are called Luca, Andrea and Francesca. Doesn't matter. The Anna-Maria's family was from Italy but she is English of second generation and in her home they speak in English.
I could not see the house, because there was nobody, except Anna-Maria and she went out quickly for her children. But I have had a good first impression.
Then, I take the bus whose number I had found in Internet. This is probably the path which I will have to do every day. The way is beautiful. The bus passes near a golf court of Wimbledon Park and, in the opposite side, you can see the main tennis court of Wimbledon, where the most famous championship of the world is played.
Five minutes after I got off the bus at Wimbledon Station and I went to my school which is 300 metres away. Wimbledon School of English (WSE) is in an old and beautiful building. It was cold and going into the school was warm and very nice.
After having a look inside the centre I liked everything I saw. I am sure that it will be an excellent experience for me. But not everything was good. I have to tell you that everybody who went into and went out (students and teachers, I supposed) was very young; in their twenties, more or less (or more less than more). I do not mind how old is somebody, but I mind how old am I. And five months with people so young everyday...
Well, then, I was walking around the commercial area of Wimbledon and bought a bottle of red wine for my host family in a supermarket. It is a Spanish great reserve wine and I hope they enjoy it. I did not tell you that on Monday they invited me to dinner in a tipycal pub. The cat (Patch) came with us and got into the pub.
Here in Wimbledon there are a lot of pubs and bars which look nice and warm. I have decided to have a half paint in Alexandra. The waiter is a very old and very british man who, seeing the bottle showing from the bag of the supermarket, offer me a corkscrew. Some old people talking each other in the pub while I write this.
See you later, bye...
To be continued...

-- From Mi iPhone


2 comentarios:

  1. para los que te seguimos desde Sevilla nos alegra recibir ese claro mensaje para el que no hace falta traductor: I am now happy

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Thank you a lot, Anónimo and for everybody who writes here. I feel joined by all of you.

    ResponderEliminar